Wednesday 19 March 2008

Heidelberg PPK Meetup













Last weekend, I went to Heidelberg to attend the first European meetup of the PPK forums. Turned out to be a tiny meetup and two sneaky ladies being not European at all, but we still had loads of fun.

On Saturday, we walked up to the castle.
I hadn't been to Heidelberg before (in fact, I've never travelled South Germany) and it seemed like a totally different world. Still, everybody is raving how "typically German" it is. Anyway, I did like it- it's a very picturesque city and totally worth a visit when you're in the area.

After the touristy bit, we explored an Asian grocery and the local Alnatura market (big organic supermarket chain in Germany) and went to Anna's place for a lazy dinner.

Rachel slicing the best seitan o'greatness ever (with bell pepper in it!).


Salad preparations.


The finished salad.


See what I mean? Pasta with bought basil pesto and crack tofu (with all sorts of herbs and dried tomato) ^^
















Shiny happy vegans, eating their tofu.

Then there was pie (and cupcakes, but I didn't take any pictures of them):

On Sunday, we went to a vegetarian restaurant called Effulgence Waves. The owners belong to a sort of cult around an Indian guru named Sri Chinmoy. Strange place, but great eats.

I ordered their "Japanese Garden" plate:

They also did a lot of Mexican stuff:

3 comments:

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

woah, cool! I like the idea of a meetup. And that pie looks crazy good, was the crust a regular one or softer?

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

I'm glad you had fun! I love meetups

Aimee said...

Pavoutroge, thank you so much for the vegan sweets! I know it's impossible, but it's as if you knew that chocolate-covered marzipan is practically my favorite thing on this earth, and hard to find in the U.S. I snatch up Ritter Sport's vegan marzipan whenever I see it, but it is a pricey treat!

Thanks too for visiting my blog!