Thanks to Jess, we have another Mofo filler post :) I'm nowhere near the 20 posts minimum, but I have good excuses (like getting excited about interviews ;-) oh, and work, life... chinchillas?!).
1. What was the most recent tea you drank?
Coffee-strong South Indian tea from denn's biomarkt. I go through those tea phases where I obsess about one brand. I realize black tea isn't the healthiest option, but I'm healthy enough already!
2. What vegan forums do you post/lurk on? If so, what is your username? Spill!
I'm pavotrouge pretty much everywhere. I'm registered with the PPK and VFF but I barely post. I occasionally post on vegan.de. My home forum is www.veganforum.com, which surprisingly seems very unknown among bloggers.
3. You have to have tofu for dinner, and it has be an Italian dish. What comes to mind first?
Pizza with tofu ricotta.
4. How many vegan blogs do you read on an average day?
It feels like there are billions in my reader, honestly there are about 60-80. I don't read them every day but skim them all once a week when I can afford to hang out online (read: weekend days).
5. Besides your own, what is the most recent one you’ve read?
I can't really tell, see 4.)
6. If you could hang out with a vegan blogger that you haven’t met, who would it be, and what would you do?I'd like to meet up with bazu now she's in England :) But I haven't met any vegan bloggers so I'd be happy to meet any at all!
7. If you had to base your dinners for a week around one of the holy trilogy – tofu, seitan or tempeh, which would it be?
Seitan, because it's the easiest to modify and can be used in so many different cuisines. I love tempeh but it's hard to get your hands on here and I don't care too much for tofu.
8. If you had to use one in a fight, which would it be?
Tempeh, because I know many people who are scared of it.
9. Name 3 meals you’d realistically make with that tough protein of choice!
Tempeh cacciatore from Vegan Planet, Tempeh chili spring rolls and pizza with simple Italian marinated tempeh (seems like all I ever think about is pizza...)
10. What’s a recipe in vegan blogland that you’ve been eyeing?
Two recipes have been in my bookmarks for the last couple of weeks, but I'm too lazy to get all ingredients together: Seitan bratwurst patties and Civet of Seitan.
11. Do you own any clothing with vegan messages/brands on them?
Loads. I have a herbivore sweater and tshirt (which cost me $$$ import taxes!), another black AR-themed sweater and countless tshirts.
12. Have you made your pilgrimage to the ‘vegan mecca’ yet? (Portland, duh)
Portland? London is the vegan mecca!
13. What age did you first go vegan? Did it stick?
Properly vegan, as in grasping the whole ethics? When I was 18, and it's been lasting until now.
14. What is the worst vegan meal you’ve had? Who cooked it?
Christmas dinner from work, two years ago. The salad and dessert was better than the regular menu, but the entree was three roasted baby tomatoes, and a "ratatouille" of 2 slices of courgette and a bell pepper with some rosemary thrown onto it. I was endlessly bland and I grabbed some neat Thai curry on my way home because I was still hungry.
15. What made you decide to blog?
I had a blog before but somehow lost the incentive to post. Then I got excited about veganism, cooking and everything and decided I'll feel better if I am actually contributing instead of wasting time online. Also, people kept asking me to share recipes and I got tired of writing them down each time.
16. What are three of your favorite meals to make?
1.pizza 2. pizza. 3. pizza
just kidding- though I love pizza a lot.
My favourite things to make might be:
1. Thai curry
2. vegan Katsudon
3. Fattoush - Lebanese bread salad
17. What dish would you bring to a vegan Thanksgiving-themed potluck?
Apart from never having celebrated Thanksgiving?
18. Where is your favorite vegan meal at a restaurant? How many times have you ordered it?
Simplistic pasta al' arrabiata at Vapiano. I know it's easy to make yourself but they have the best, freshest pasta in the world. I've probably eaten it 50 times in the last three years.
19. What do you think the best chain to dine as a vegan is?
I love Vapiano, an Italian cafeteria-style restaurant where everything is prepared fresh and right in front of your eyes. Plus, their prices (and wines!) can't be beaten. Half of their pasta dishes are vegan (if you tell them not to put parmesan cheese on top at the end). They're going to open their first US branches in early 2009.
20. My kitchen needs ………
Hum... I'm really self-sufficient and happy with the way things are. There are a lot of fancy gadgets but before I can fit any of these in, I'd need a bigger kitchen.
21. This vegetable is not allowed in my kitchen…..!
Savoy cabbage. There used to be many veggies I didn't like when I first moved into my own place, and I love most of them now. But this thick icky-textured cabbage that tastes like dirt shall be banned!
22. What’s for dinner tonight?
Thai noodle soup.
23. Compose your perfect vegan sandwich, right now.
Ciabatta bread, red pepper hummus, lots of olives, Italian marinated tempeh, tomatoes and pickled zucchini.
24. Add a question here!
Duh. Not again :) If there are questions, use the comment function and I'll gladly answer.