Sunday 5 October 2008

They all look the same...


...curries, that is. After reading the PPK "let's use our cookbooks more often" threads and finding out I'm running totally late for participating, I decided try some more recipes from Vegan Planet.

Which didn't express me. Don't get me wrong, I love how the book is international and seems to have a recipe for everything, but none of it has had that "wow" effect yet.

So we have lentil curry (which made a load, so I ate it 5 days in a row!):


And green bean-chickpea tagine, served with V-con red quinoa and chickpea pilaf. I left out the dried fruit because a) I didn't have any b) I'm not particularly fond of dried fruit in cooked things


I didn't manage to whip up a cake for Alex's birthday (as if I ever managed a properly iced birthday cake, anyway!), so I made chocolate muffins that look huuuge in this picture.
Talking about cakes, check out this site with fucked up cakes made by professionals!

I was meant to be at a demo on Saturday but we were horribly late. Sadly, everybody had already left and we couldn't catch up with the march anymore- luckily, that meant more waffles for us!

Now the question of the day: find out who this handsome stranger eating a vegan waffle is and win... a date with him and his pet owl ?


3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Curry + chocolate muffins + vegan waffles = FANTASTIC!!

Eve Love said...

a pet owl?! how awesome is that!

Bethany said...

yummy curry!

those cookie monster cakes are a bit freaky w/ all that blue frosting. glad I scrolled down and saw the gotham cake. that was cool.