Sunday 12 October 2008

Wholesome lunchbox October!


I seriously need to get back into bento-ing. Ok, I need to get back into pretty much everything ambitious cooking, I've been so lazy the last couple of weeks!

As most bento events are a) contests and I hate competition in my free time or b) about cutesy bento or even artistic kyara-ben. I love cooking with a bit of cute in it, but I'll always stay an impatient girl.

So I was very happy to find out about the monthly Wholesome Lunchbox event hosted by Coffee and Vanilla.

This is tomorrow's bento and my entry for this month. I even bothered to "make" a background!

The green "Natural Leaf" box (because who doesn't "Love Natural Blessing"?) has crispy homemade gyoza with seitan, spring onion and mushroom filling. Underneath, there's a small tossed salad of spinach, some tomato wedges and home-grown mizuna.

For sweet things, I have green grapes and Italian lemon/orange cake (recipe to follow soon!).
Can't wait for Monday!

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

What a fabulous event for October!! Love the bento lunch!!

Anonymous said...

That looks good, especially the gyoza!

Bethany said...

that looks like a delicious well balanced lunch. yummy

russ said...

That's a nice looking lunch.
How hard is mizuna to grow? I love growing things I can eat :D

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Aww, I love the bento picks!

Coffee and Vanilla said...

Hey,
I don't know how I missed your entry, never got your message. I will include this bento in January round-up.
Happy New Year,
Margot