Thursday 4 October 2007

The quickest Tagine ever


I absolutely love Morrocan food. But sometimes, when I spent 2 hrs chopping veggies and grinding spices, it seems like it doesn't love me back.

Some weeks ago, I bought a huge tin of mixed veggies from the Turkish grocery- basically because it had okra in it (among green beans, eggplant, courgettes and tomatoes). I know most people hate okra because of the slimyness and all (which I don't find that slimy), but they are definitely some of my most favourite veggies.

Another tin I bought there was one with cherry tomatoes (or as the label said "hill tomatoes").

When I didn't have anything fresh in the house last week before going to London, I did this:

* fry a sliced onion and some garlic in a bit of oil
* add the tinned veggies, some cumin, coriander and cinnamon as well as a whole green chili, salt and pepper
* added the cherry tomatoes + juice and let simmer for 20 minutes

And voilĂ , that was my ready-to-go-on-holiday tagine with some couscous and Spanish mint.

No comments: