Wednesday 7 November 2007

Cheating and rice soup praise

Ok, I'm cheating. I didn't blog yesterday because I came home last night and dropped right into bed.
Seriously, I'm so happy when this week is over. I'll be working late this night as well.


At least I'm doing my best at breaking or stopping to develop habits that come with working 50 hrs a week.

I got up at 5.30 AM today and did my yogas ;-)

In times like these, there's always one friend by my side- rice soup!
I've almost always have leftover rice and so a basic rice soup is a filling breakfast that cooks itself while I'm in the bathroom.

Probably I'm the only person outside Thailand that has rice soup for breakfast, but who cares!

My usual one consist of leftover rice in veggie broth, spiced with some red eagle-eyes chillis, tamari, lemongrass paste, five-spice powder and is garnished with roasted chopped peanuts and chopped scallions.

Yesterday I decided to go the extra mile and try another variation.

I browned some sliced garlic (2 cloves) with a tsp of green curry paste and one red chilli in some peanut oil, than added half a cup of rice, and each half a cup of coconut milk and vegetable broth (more if you like a soupier soup). Spice up with some mushroom and soy sauce.
Simmer for 5 minutes and then add some halved cocktail tomatoes and serve with chopped p-nuts on top and coriander leaves if yours wasn't eaten by the basil bugs, as mine was.








No comments: