According to what I ate this week, I'm muesli and Japanese and Italian.
This little email swap was about writing down every single thing you have eaten in the past week and sharing a recipe.
Keeping track of what I'm eating was great fun, and I'm quite content because I captured a typical week in food for me.
I simply listed the foods I ate since I don't think of my meals (nor eat) as in the classic "breakfast/lunch/dinner" categories.
Just about every Japanese mother has her own Yakisoba recipe- after all "yakisoba" means "fried noodles" and nothing else. What makes it special is the Japanese yakisoba sauce that contains all sorts of nasty things and is mighty expensive, so I make my own. You can add any vegetables you like, but sometimes I just crave this simple version. Yakisoba not only feeds crowds, but makes awesome leftovers and is the best in bento :)
/My Simple Yakisoba - serves four
Break spaghetti into thirds if you can't get fresh yakisoba noodles.
Chop up a package of (veggie) wieners and half an iceberg lettuce.
Boil the spaghetti and sauté the wieners in a large pan. When the sausages are nicely browned, add the lettuce and turn off the heat.
In a seperate bowl, mix 3/4 cup of plain tomato ketchup with 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce. Stir in 2 tbs soy sauce and 1 tbs wasabi powder.
Drain the noodles and add to the pan. Turn on the heat again briefly and sauté everything a little longer. Pour the sauce over it and mix, reserving some extra sauce for serving the noodles.
* a bowl of berry muesli with vanilla soy milk
* 2 sesame bread rolls with strawberry jam
* some pineapple chunks
* cherry tomatoes
* white wine
* whole wheat fussili with tempeh cacciatore
* salad with ramson, olives and mushrooms
* a banana
* at vegan brunch: chickpea salad, sauteed mushrooms, a variety of
spreads on bread, phyllo spinach pasties, bulgar pilaf, cherry
streusel cake, tiramisu
* 1/2 grapefruit
* a pizza with asparagus, mushrooms and Keehse (vegan cheese)
* 2 slices of sunflower seed bread with alpro "quark" (cream-cheese
like spread) and tomatoes
* 1 banana
* 1/2 grapefruit
* leftover tempeh cacciatore with penne
* some tomato wedges
* cayenne chocolate
* cashew nuts
* small bowl of berry muesli with vanilla soy milk
* Japanese cooking with a friend- yakisoba with iceberg lettuce,
mini wieners and homemade yakisoba sauce, mixed salad with sesame
* 3 slices sunflower seed bread with "quark" and tomato slices
* 1 berry soy yoghurt
* 1 raw carrot
* leftover yakisoba
* risotto with ramson and arugula pesto
* 2 glasses of cidre
* berry muesli with soy milk
* 3 chocolate muffins
* 1 apple
* apple/mango/lime smoothie
* leftover veg stir-fry with rice
* mixed salad and tomato/pea/bean rice from the Turkish take-away
* 1 soy yoghurt berry
* 1 apple
* 2 loquats
* fried rice with carrots and beansprouts, grilled tempeh
* greek salad with tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, olives and some
* berry muesli with soymilk
* a peach
* leftover rice and stir-fry
* some vanilla halva
* pita bread with tomato salad, some olives
* spaghetti with homemade pesto
* 1/2 bottle of red wine and a bit beer on top