Thursday 14 May 2009

Vegging out...

Now my written exams are over and all I have to do... is hang out for goddamn 6 weeks for 20 mins of oral exam before I can move on in live.

At the moment the "meh" overbalances the "yay" part of the whole situation. I've been eating crap, felt bad as a consequence and yeah... I think I'll soon change the focus of the blog and make it a culture/London/food blog.

Last post's bento swap turned out to be a good idea, today I received a lovely parcel filled with vegan goodness from Margot of the undead vegan. Some of the chocolate stuff and tofu snack wiener got devoured immediately as I had to run a bunch of errands after work.
Thanks a lot Margot!

With it came a bag of kutjera powder... is says it's good sprinkled on almost everything and google doesn't tell me much more, either. Aussies plz? What do you use it for?


I also cooked a little bit:
pasta with Rübstiel (rapini) from the veggie box some time ago. Ok-ish, but nothing exciting, this Rhine area vegetable.



soba with ginger, scallions and cauliflower from vegweb, because you can never have too much soba!

super ugly but extremely tasty stewed potatoes and tofu in miso gravy from VWAV. I can't believe I've never made this before. the dark miso I used was a bit overpowering, but apart from that it was lovely with some good baguette.

3 comments:

Carlota said...

You gotta put the recipes from those pretty dishes! I'm going to germany in december, and I wanna know if is easy to find vegan food in the supermarkets and on the streets?

=)

Amy said...

I wish I could help with the kutjera powder but sadly I've never heard of it!

Good luck with the oral exams!

Catherine Weber said...

That's not ugly stew -- it looks delicious! I'll have to try that recipe.